http://lunaticswithlemonade.deviantart.com/
The group I cosplay in! Please visit our page!

Sunday 30 September 2012

Weight loss for that convention?

The weight taboo
If you cosplay you'll know that unfortunately weight can be a big issue. I know cosplayers
who range from super skinny all the way to quite large and I can say that they all look beautiful however, not everyone agrees. One of my cosplaying friends gets a lot of abuse on her pictures about her weight which is sad. Anime/Manga characters are all super skinny with massive boobs and it makes it hard to cosplay sometimes as our view is that cosplayers should be skinny like the characters, and that we should judge them on overall physical appearance and not the effort that goes into the costume. 

I don't approve of this warped body image but I can't praise being overweight and I know some of you want to get slimmer or healthier for cosplay. I know it's hard to diet. I know it's hard to lose weight and so I thought I'd share with you an inspirational gyaru blogger who lost a lot of weight to become healthy.


I hope it inspires those of you who want to lose weight or to eat healthier.

Ciao x 

No comments:

Post a Comment